Ancient Healing Hot Stone Therapy, Natural Beauty Therapy, Remedial and Swedish Massage in the Hornsby and Berowra area.
With every treatment, enjoy the comfort of a heated massage table this winter. The following treatments are available:
- Ancient Healing Hot Stone Therapy: A unique therapy which involves the application of water-heated basalt stones of varying sizes to key points on the body, giving a deep massage and creating sensations of comfort and warmth. The direct heat relaxes muscles, allowing manipulation of a greater intensity than with regular massage.
- Remedial Massage: When muscles and tendons become damaged or impaired, knotted and tense or immobile, Remedial Massage provides a healing treatment that can be gentle or strong, deep or shallow. Remedial massage holistically treats the whole body and traces the discomfort as far as possible back to the original cause, healing both the cause of the disorder as well as the symptoms.
- Swedish or Relaxation Massage: The main purpose of Swedish Massage is to increase the oxygen flow in the blood and release toxins from the muscles. Some other benefits include shortening recovery time from muscular strain, increased circulation without increased heart load, stretching of ligaments and tendons, skin stimulation and soothing of the nervous system. It reduces stress, both emotional and physical, and is suggested as part of a regular program for stress management.
- Aromatherapy Massage: As a holistic treatment, aromatherapy can have a profound effect on physical and psychological well-being. There exists the belief that scent, as the most enduring of our senses, has the power to transform our emotions, and heal our bodies.
- Foot Spa: The ultimate in pampering beginning with a cup of tea and a warm foot spa to relax your senses.
- Holistic Facials, Hand & Feet treatments: will be available in mid July!
All treatments are tailored to suit your needs, requests and medical and health requirements. Health fund rebates are available - please check with your health fund if your plan covers Remedial, Swedish or Aromatherapy Massage (currently, health funds are not covering Hot Stone Therapy).
How can Hot Stone Massage Help Me?
Hot stone massage assists every cell in the body to receive more oxygen and nutrients while at the same time waste material is removed more effectively through the corresponding increase in lymph flow.
In cases of muscular injury or inflammation, cool marble stones may be used in place of the heated stones. This creates a thermo-therapeutic healing in the circulatory system, helping the body to detoxify and heal. The cool stones constrict blood vessels, which stimulates the nervous system by drawing blood and waste products along the body.
Stone massage makes you feel deeply relaxed, allowing you to let go of all the stress that is held within your body.
Why is massage important?
- Relaxation & rejuvenation of mind and body.
- Re-energises & unblock vital nerves & meridians.
- Stimulates your circulation & lymph system.
- Loosens tight muscles & joints caused by stress.
- Re-align and balance your spine for vital nervous system communication .
If you are suffering from backache, headache, muscle tightness, sciatica, arthritis, neck pain, joint stiffness or other pain causing condition; I can provide you with the most appropriate advice on treatment, be it in form of massage, or to provide a synergistic approach alongside your Chiropractic or Physiotherapy treatment.
Or if you would simply like to relax and be pampered for an hour or just a few minutes, I can offer the ultimate indulgence in a hot stone treatment, complete face wellness with a facial treatment using natural ingredients, a foot spa complete with natural foot scrub and a pot of tea or a massage using essential oils (or without depending on your preference).
Diploma of Remedial Massage, Certificate in Ancient Healing Hot Stone Therapy, Certificates in Natural Beauty Therapy - Eye and Ear Treatments and Manicures and Pedicures, Certificate in Aromatherapy, Certificate in Reflexology, Certificate in Nutrition 1, Certificate in Herbal Medicine 1A, Certificate in Bach Flower Remedies