Sunjoule Design provides a building design service, with a focus on energy efficiency, sustainability and comfortable thermal performance. We prepare design and construction drawings for houses, renovations, commercial, and community buildings.
The design practice was commenced in 1980 by Ross Beaver, Sunjoule Design's director. The first project was Ross's own home, an active-solar house near Myrtleford, N.E. Victoria.
Following is our design process for a typical project..
- establish clearly defined client goals.
- create realistic scope of works and construction budget.
- gather accurate site information, including sun orientation, levels, trees, views, adjacent structures, etc.
- record detailed particulars of any existing buildings on site.
- prepare initial concept design sketches, and subsequent design development.
- arrange for construction cost estimates.
- prepare Planning Permit (Victoria), or Development Approval (NSW) drawings.
- develop internal and external room details, with finishes advice.
- prepare construction drawings, in conjunction with specialist consultants.
- call for construction tenders, evaluate and assist in builder selection.
- provide construction supervision (optional).
One of the highest priorities on all our jobs is to maximize the thermal performance of the building, through careful use of orientation, ventilation, glazing, high-mass floor/wall materials and insulation.
We do not limit our design work to certain particular aesthetic styling. We believe that an enduring design is the product of thorough attention to proportion and form of all building elements, whether they be heritage, contemporary or modern.
There are currently no reviews of Sunjoule Design, so be the first to write one!